Tips to Avoid Bursting Pipes
7 HELPFUL TIPS TO AVOID BURSTING
PIPES THIS WINTER SEASON
- Wrap outside faucets.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems*
- Let a stream of water run if the temperature dips below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving the house for several days.
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is here to help in case of pipes that bursts or lines that freeze. Our crews are ready 24 x7 no matter how big or how small the SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing team handles them all, give us a call!
* Check manufacturer's instructions or give your local representative a call for the best way to do this.
Storm Damage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids and Hibbing responds immediately to your flood and storm damage emergencies. We have the storm damage restoration experience and specialized equipment to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (218)999-9799
Why Choose SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing?
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
When a storm hits your home or business in our area, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
We specialize in flooding and storm damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive water damage and storm restoration training that allows us to get your home back to normal quickly.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
When a major storm hits, it may overwhelm local restoration companies. SERVPRO of New Haven can scale our resources by accessing the equipment and personnel of 1,700 Franchises. We can also access Disaster Recovery Teams that specialize in major storms and catastrophic events.
Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is locally owned and operated and disabled veteran owned as well—so we live and work here too, and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of 1,700 with special Disaster Recover Teams that can respond with additional resources during catastrophic storms and major events.
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Have Questions? Call Today – (218)999-9799
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing responds quickly to your business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises. Learn more about our commercial restoration services.
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy. We understand mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today -
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (218) 999-9799
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Smoke damage can be very detrimental to your health and your property. The smoke can leave discoloration, corrosion, and odor all over your household items. It also can affect your health and you should stay away from the area until professionals have cleared it out and it is safe to go back inside. Smoke damage can happen to your property even when it’s not your property affected by the fire. If your neighbor has a fire and your windows were open, or if there is a wild fire in a nearby field; you can still get smoke damage. Our team of experts at SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids, & Hibbing has the training and equipment to clean and restore your home from any type of smoke damage. We'll treat you and your property with the respect and care it deserves!
Grilling safety tips
Spring is upon us! It the time of year when the weather starts to warm up, and everyone breaks out the grills. SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing wants to share some tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association to help keep your family safe.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids designed for barbeque grills; DO NOT add fluid after the coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight and check the hoses for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses and connections will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- When camping, always use a flame-retardant tent and set up camp far away from the camp fire.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter (not gasoline) away from your tent and campfire. Only use dry kindling to freshen a campfire.
Sever Weather Part 2
Emergency Supply Kit: Having an emergency kit can be a life saver. Most emergency management agencies recommend having supplies for up to three days. The following is a list you can use as a guideline:
- Water – 1 gallon per person per day
- Food – non-perishable
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a weather radio
- Extra batteries for radio and flashlight
- First Aid kit
- Safety Whistle to signal help
- Clothing, blankets
- Dust mask or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or other tools to shut off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents. (Copy of insurance policy, bank account info, identification, etc.)
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof case
Make A Family Plan: A family plan can be essential to survival during sever weather. A family plan can allow everyone to know where to go and what to do in case of an emergency. These plans should include designated rooms in the home to meet in case of severe weather. Also, they should include a designated spot outside of the home to meet up at incase of separation.
Sever Weather Part 1
Severe weather is unpredictable and SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids, & Hibbing wants you to be safe no matter the season! Below are some severe weather readiness tips to help guide you, no matter what type of disaster you may encounter.
Weather Radios: With all of today’s technology it still can’t stand up to a battery powered weather radio during an emergency. Mobile devices maybe what most people use today for checking weather updates, but the towers that send out the signals required for the devices to function can be damages or congested during times of emergency. A weather radio with fully charged batteries can provide Families with more reliable alerts and updates. These radios have the capability of receiving special frequencies for the for special radio stations that provide warnings for all hazards. Look for our next blog for tips on emergency supply kits and making a family plan.
Northern Minnesota it can be a wonderful place to live. We have many beautiful lakes, and four seasons for us to enjoy. As wonderful as it can be it doesn’t prevent disasters from happening especially during the winter.
One way a water loss can happen during the winter is if the houses source of heat stops working. Unfortunately, if this happens it can cause the water to turn in to ice and complicate the process of drying out the structure. The first thought most think is to turn on the heat to thaw out the house but that is the last this you want to do.
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing can help with this process by removing as much of the ice as we can prior to heating the house. Once we can’t remove any more ice by hand we will slowly heat the house and extracting the water as the ice thaws. This process will help minimalize the damage that would be caused if you just thawed the ice all at once essentially flooding the house for a second time. So, if you experience a water loss and it freezes call SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing to help.
Time is Important
Many home owners know don’t understand the importance of time when it come to water damage. The best time to call SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is immediately following a loss. This will help limit the extent of the damage to your home. Many of the materials in your home are highly absorbent and may not look wet, but may have absorbed the water that has intruded in your home. With our specialized equipment we can test the levels of moisture in your homes materials. Once we have discovered exactly what is wet and how far the water traveled we come up with a personalized drying plan to ensure you home is back to it proper levels of moisture. So, remember don’t wait call SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing as soon as the loss happens.