TIPS TO PREPARE BEFORE A WINTER STORM
So, for this blog I am going to touch base on Winter Storms. Now most people prepare for summer storms but not many think to prepare for winter storms.
Here are some tips on how to prepare yourself for a winter storm.
- Have your vehicle winterized before the winter storm season so your prepared you never know what can happen.
- Always keep a full tank of gas or as close to full as you are able to, gas lines are known for freezing in the winter.
- Make sure that you have a battery operated radio in your home you never know when the power might go out and it will be your only way to get news updates. (make sure you have extra batteries available too)
- Check your heating fuel and make sure you have enough before the storm hits you never know how long you will be stuck in the house while the storm passes.
- Have an evacuation plan in place in case the power goes out and you and your family need to evacuate your home to somewhere safe.
- Have a supply of flashlights or candles in case you loose power so you are able to see.
- Make sure you have a supply of non-perishable food in your home just in case.
You just never know how strong a storm will be they can change in the blink of an eye so always be prepared.