If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (218) 999-9799

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwave Fire in Bemidji?

6/7/2021 (Permalink)

A microwave oven is shown with flames coming out of the oven compartment. We mitigate fire damage 24-hours a day in Beltrami County.

Microwave Fires Happen

SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing respond to fire damage emergencies often in the Bemidji area, and in many instances, these fires might have been prevented. Here are some microwave safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to prevent possible microwave fires:

  • PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory
  • MAKE sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall on the product.
  • PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
  • MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
  • OPEN food slowly, away from the face
  • FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
  • NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns.

If you have a fire in the microwave, leave the door closed, turn off the oven and unplug it from the wall. If the fire does not go out, get outside and call the fire department.

Call Us Today!

When you have a fire damage emergency of any size, SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has a team of restoration technicians on call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-999-9799. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Bemidji, “Like it never even happened.”  

SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts