“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Are you wondering if bleaching mold will get rid of it?
Using bleach to get rid of mold does just the opposite. Bleach is water based and water is a food source for mold which could make the issue much worse, especially on porous surfaces such as wood.
It is best to safely remove the mold as soon as possible, as breathing in the spores can be quite hazardous to your health. If you find mold or suspect that you may have mold, give SERVPRO of BGRH a call to assess the damages and provide an estimate to remove it for you.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (218) 999-9799
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (218) 999-9799
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: