Thunderstorm Safety Tips for Hibbing?
Thunderstorm and Lightning Safety Tips for Hibbing Residents
SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Hibbing. The northern area of Minnesota experiences about thirty thunderstorms each year, while the southern part of the state gets about forty. Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Lightning: What You Need to Know
- No place outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you
- When you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe shelter: a substantial building with electricity or plumbing or an enclosed, metal-topped vehicle with windows up
Indoor Lightning Safety
- Stay off of corded phones, computers, and other electrical equipment that put you in direct contact with electricity
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths, and faucets
- Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors, and do not lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business experiences storm damage, SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has a team of highly trained restoration technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-999-9799. We’ll restore your storm damage in Hibbing “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.