Thanksgiving Cooking Safety Tips for Calumet?
More homes fires break out on Thanksgiving than on any other day of the year. SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing wants everyone in Calumet to have a safe and fire-free Thanksgiving day. Here are some cooking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot, and kids should stay three feet away
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy, or coffee could cause serious burns
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks, or bags
- Keep knives out of the reach of children
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer, or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working
Call Us Today!
When you need fire restoration services for your Calumet home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing has a team of technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.