A wood-burning stove is shown heating a room.
Do you know that more home fires are reported during December, January, and February than any other month in the year? SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing offer these heating safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Install wood-burning stoves following the manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation. All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
- Install and maintain CO alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning. If you smell gas in your gas heater, do not light the appliance. Leave the home immediately and call your local fire department or gas company.
Call Us Today!
You never know when you’ll need help with fire damage in Marble, but when you do, SERVPRO® of Bemidji, Grand Rapids & Hibbing is Here to Help. ® We have a team of highly trained fire restoration technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day, and we typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call. Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.