Thunderstorm Safety Tips for Bemidji Residents?
Recently severe thunderstorms swept through Minnesota, causing power outages and property damage in many parts of the state. Our team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing responds to storm damage in Bemidji every year. We want everyone to be safe during thunderstorms and offer this helpful information and safety tips from the National Weather Service:
Nowhere outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area. Run to a safe building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder.
When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors
- Stop all activities
- Seek shelter in a substantial building or a hard-topped vehicle
- Wait thirty minutes after the storm to resume activities
- Stay off corded phones. You can use cellular or cordless phones.
- Don't touch electrical equipment or cords
- Avoid plumbing. Do not wash your hands, take a shower or wash dishes
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors or lean against concrete walls
Storms and storm damage are common challenges in the Bemidji area. Our Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing team can help when you have storm damage in your home or commercial business. Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.