Abnormally Dry Conditions in Beltrami County Pose Serious Wildfire Threat?
Do you know that people cause 90 percent of fires in Minnesota? Our Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing team responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year. Here are some safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) for improving your home’s survivability during a wildfire:
- REMOVE leaves, pine needles, and other flammable material from the roof, gutters, and on and under the deck to help prevent embers from igniting your home
- SCREEN areas below decks and porches with 1/8” wire mesh to help prevent material from accumulating underneath
- COVER exterior attic and soffit vents with 1/8” wire mesh to help prevent sparks from entering your home
- ENCLOSE eaves to help prevent ember entry
- INSPECT shingles or roof tiles
- REPLACE missing shingles or tiles
- COVER ends of tiles with bird stops or cement to help prevent ember penetration during a wildfire
Minnesota has adopted NFPA’s Firewise Program. This national program provides valuable information on preparing your home and reducing wildfire risk. It is a good idea to talk to your local forestry agency or fire department to learn more about the specific wildfire risk where you live.
Call Us Today!
Fire damage can happen at any time in Bemidji. When your home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing team clean and restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.