How Often Should I Check My Smoke Alarms in Keewatin?
Smoke alarms play a vital part in a home’s fire escape plan in Keewatin. Working alarms warn people of impending danger so you can get out of the house quickly. Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing offers these smoke alarm safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Smoke Alarm Safety
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
When your Keewatin home or commercial business has fire damage, our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.