If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (218) 999-9799

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire in My Calumet Home?

12/13/2022 (Permalink)

Festive candles light up a room. We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Itasca County.

Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is highly trained and certified by the?Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification?(IICRC) to restore fire damage in Calumet. This time of year marks many holiday events and social activities. Candles make any party festive, but they can also cause fires. Here are some candle safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association

  • Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep. 
  • Keep candles at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn 
  • Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily 
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface 
  • Light candles carefully, and keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame 
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container 
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home 
  • Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles. 
  • Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles. 

Call Us Today!  

Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is Here to Help ® when you have a fire damage emergency in your Calumet home or commercial business. Call us today at 218-999-9799.

Franchises are independently owned and operated. 

Other News

View Recent Posts