Tree Damages Commercial Building in Grand Rapids?
Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing provides tree removal services in Grand Rapids. According to the Minnesota Department of National Resources, there are some things that you should not do when addressing damaged or fallen trees.
Don’t do the following:
- Use an unqualified tree service. Ask for references and proof of insurance.
- Repair a broken branch or fork of a tree with tape, wire, bolts, or other wraps. The wound will not heal, and the split will invite decay and further weaken the tree. Cabling or bracing should only be performed by a certified arborist and inspected annually.
- Remove the tops of trees. This makes the tree more susceptible to insects and disease and promotes the growth of new branches that are weakly attached.
- Apply paint or dressing to wounds, as these materials interfere with a tree’s natural wound-sealing process
- Remove small, leaning trees. Trees less than 15 feet tall may survive if gently pulled back into place. Press out air spaces in the loosened soil. The tree can then be staked for up to a year.
- Fertilize stressed or damaged trees. Fertilizers can trigger rapid but weak growth and deplete the tree’s energy reserves needed to recover from damage.
Call Us Today!
Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is Here to Help ® when you have a downed tree or other commercial storm damage. Call us today at 218-999-9799.?
Franchises are independently owned and operated.