Grand Rapids Home Suffers Water Damage From Burst Frozen Pipe?
Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing responds to water damage emergencies caused by frozen pipes every year in Grand Rapids, and we offer these tips for preventing frozen pipes from the Red Cross:
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up and out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you are going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, and set to a temperature not below 55° Fahrenheit
Call Us Today!
Our local team in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing is Here to Help ® when you have a water damage emergency in your home or commercial business in Bemidji. Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.