Hidden Water Leak Caused Mold Outbreak in Grand Rapids Home?
Mold is a common challenge during the Spring in Grand Rapids. Our local Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing teams are trained and certified to perform mold containment, removal, cleaning, and restoration services. Because mold spores are always present in the Earth’s atmosphere, there is always the potential for mold to become a problem. However, there are things that can be done to discourage mold growth.
Here is some information from the Environmental Protection Agency about mold:
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60 percent) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and food.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Grand Rapids has a mold problem, our local Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Hibbing team can help. Call us today at 218-999-9799.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.